Working for the Man
GRADE THREE : STRIPPER
Possible reasons that I was deadly serious about joining this profession are.
1.I though that perhaps I would win my childhood crush Mark Barrick's heart with this job.
2.Daphne from Neighbours was stripper - good enough for her good enough for me.
3.Aren't those outfits pretty?
GRADE FOUR : NURSE
Possible reasons I wanted to be a nurse.
1. Perhaps I saw the outfit above while researching stripping costumes and thought this one was prettier?
2. It sounded like a nice job for young lass like me. I liked animals and babies and things
3. This one definitely kept me going until....
GRADE SEVEN : MICROBIOLOGIST/BIOCHEMIST/GENETICIST
Possible reasons I wanted to be any of the above
1. A desperate craving for love and affection from my grade five teacher who I had a Sapphic crush on.
2. Some well placed feminism
3. underlying megalomania/plans to rule the world.
I'm not kidding at this stage I my life I got a microscope and chemistry set for successive birthdays and would freeze cockroaches in strange suspended animation experiments. My prize possession was a photo of a rat's knee under the microscope given to me by a couple of geeks at the University of Queensland.
At the end of year 7, we put together are "What would you like to do with your life?"
My answer was - "I would like to climb Mt Everest and converse with the Dalai Llama. I would also like to cure the common cold"????!!!!!!
Kerrist - tickets on yourself young Ladycracker.
Total Science GEEK career until I realised that I was crap at Chemistry and Physics so naturally I went the other way to...
YEAR TEN TO TWELVE - HOT LADY JOURNALIST
Oh how I was going to change the world with my hot lady journalist ways!
Reasons for wanting to be a journalist
1. Jim Morrison's hot witchy girlfriend in the Doors Movie was a journalist.
2. Journalist are allowed to drink a lot and take drugs in the name of a good story.
3. Free stuff.
While none of the above careers have worked out for me, I have managed to do the following
ACTOR (OF SORTS)
7 - 11 ATTENDANT
Interesting I guess.