6.02.2005

Pop, pop, pop music

Young Sex Goddess Desci wants to make my listmaking day by passing this little gem on to me.

The usual general rule applies - I will be happy with this list until I see someone else's and I seethe with untold jealousy over their better musical taste.

Top Five Lyrics that Move Your Heart

Most lyrics move my heart as my musical taste leans towards the literary. So I'll list my top 5 lyricists instead.

1. John Lennon

2. Black Francis/Frank Black

3. Nick Cave

4. Morrissey

5. Bob Dylan


Top 5 Instrumentals
Blow me down with copy of High Fidelity - Instrumentals? I'll try my best but since I'm doing this at work it'll be at little sketchy.

1. All the surf guitar music from Pulp Fiction

2. Incidental music form Lost Highway

3. Incidental Music from Muholland Drive

4. Schubert Piano Trios

5. Mogwai - lots off come on die young. Can't remember what they are called.


Top 5 Live Musical Experiences

Too easy

1. The Black Keys - Corner Hotel 2005

2. U2 Zooropa Tour - can't remember what year - front row in a crowd of 50,000. Thank the lord I didn't need to pee

3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Melbourne Town Hall, 2005

4. Faith No More - King For A Day Tour, Festering Hall Brisbane, 1995

5. Primal Scream - BDO Melbourne 2002

Honourable Mentions - Sonic Youth, Supergrass, Beastie Boys, Diamanda Galas, Morning After Girls, The Panics, DJ Shadow.

Honourable disappointment - John Spencer Blues Explosion - every single time.



Top Five Artists You Think More People Should Listen To

1. More Aussie Music, it's going off at the moment. Go the green and gold!

2. Hot Snakes - awesome punk band touring in July.

3. Diamanda Galas - turns every classic on it's head.

4. Silence. I am not a wanker. Really. Silence is underappreciated.

5. Blue States - underrated but wholly beautiful album of last year "The Soundings" has had some serious play. Check it out.


Top Five Albums You Must Hear From Start to Finish

1. Nick Cave - No More Shall We Part

2. Blood On The Tracks - Bob Dylan

3. Pixies - Surfer Rosa and Come on Pilgrim

4. David Bowie - Low
A desolate album from a desolate man.

5. DJ Shadow - Entroducing
Restored my faith in modern music from the opening note. Thanks Shadow

Top Five Musical Heroes

1. John Lennon - I don't know whether to laugh or cry about John. Made some wonderful music that still brings me to tears.

2. Kim Deal - I wanted to be just like her. Hurry up and tour dammit!

3. Nick Cave, really do you have to ask?

4. Morrisey, hmmmm flowers

5. Dave Grohl - Adaptable, I like that, and thanks to his drumming on Songs for the Deaf, the album will become a rock classic.

And you guys?
Ranter,
Le Driver and
Greta

Your tagged.