6.07.2005

ummm.... did I really say that?

So the wedding in the country went really well didn't it?

Left late on Friday night and headed straight for the boozer on arrival for a few drinks with NLI's nearest and dearest.
This turned into a few more drinks, indepth conversations with state minister's wives and quite possibly the best two games of pool I have played in my entire life.

then...

I fell over quite publicly and decided to stay out of the limelight after that.

Got back to the cabins before the old geezer at the pub copped a feel of either mine or of my mate's girl's tits, and settled in to an evening of more booze and sundry items while debating the relative merits of Fu Manchu i.e I think that they are crap and everyone else thinks they are great.

Of course by this stage the NLI and I are ready for bed - so take off for a bit of quiet time.
This quiet time continues for some time and into the morning.

Oh dear - this is whan the story gets little embarrassing.
Because apparently the walls in this cottage are paper thin and I'm no shrinking violent.
And the next morning a few of the other guests couldn't look me in the eye!

Not to worry I think, happens to everyone.

So off to the wedding we go both looking a million dollars. Wedding goes off without hitch, a lovely ceremony out amongst the vineyards.
I meet THE SISTERS who seem to like me at this stage, good good all going well.

Then the speeches start.

TWO speeches mention the legendary P------ stamina and cheekily refer to NLI's performance the night before. I am mortified because I am standing right next to his mother when these references are being made.

NLI thinks this is all hilarious because he comes out looking like a sex god. I have to admit it is very funny but also a little embarrassing.

So the reception went on til all hours and then the animals headed back to our shack for drinking and dancing till dawn.

NLI snuck off for a very private conversation that doesn't need recounting here. I'm keeping it hidden from view because it contained jewels of clarity that I want to keep for my day dreams.

It was one of the best weddings I have ever been to, NLI's family is a joy to be around and I look forward to spending more time with them especially a few of the siblings and their partners.

One item of note - I vow not to wash my car until it rains at length past Ballarat - the landscape is tinder dry, the dams are low and I worry for the farmers.