9.27.2005

More wine and food naturally

Example

For the first time in four years the football didn't make much of an impact on me. But I did manage to catch it broadcast in my favourite form: blaring on 774 ABC while driving to Daylesford for a gourmet experience.

I'm surprised that I made it on the road at all on Saturday, as Friday night went from what was going to be a sophisticated cultural affair enjoying The Rape Of Lucretia and a quick cocktail at the Gin Palace to seeing the opera, having more than one cocktail and ending up at the dreaded Pony til the wee hours. Suffice to say my head was little raw on the way up to Daylesford.

But, make it to Daylesford I did and enjoyed a excellent dinner at the Farmer's Arms. I indulged in some lovely Passing Clouds shiraz with olives to start, followed by the Baby Octopus risotto and completed the meal with two cheeses and more wine. After the dinner my girlfriends and I went to Hepburn Palais and saw DobaCaracol, a great traditional and modern world music band from French Canada.

Example


Sunday was spent at the markets and I purchased a sparkly skirt for myself, some indian icons in glass for the office and Enid Blyton's Tales of Long Ago for the girls. My idea with this book is to read one fable per night to the girls and ask them to analyse the meaning of the stories and how they can be applied to their own lives. For instance, Pandora's Box was analysed as if their Mum and Dad or even myself asked them to do something they should understand that it is for a reason and they are best to obey it. Sitting in bed with two little girls discussing the concepts of obey and disobey is the sort of conversation I would hope would be of benefit to their lives.

And more on the girls. MLI was having lunch yesterday with the eldest and he asked her how she would feel if I was at their house more often. The Eldest replied " Well, that means she would be my step mum, I don't mind at all"." So there you have it, I move a step closer everyday to joining their family unit and while I am scared of the changes that this will have to my lifestyle, I'm also thrilled.