9.18.2005

Touching The Turkey

I've just spent three very busy days with MLI and family and have indulged heavily. Like this time most weekends I'm formulating reasons why my delicate poetic soul doesn't need full time work to stay happy but rather a long lie in and toast with honey is really the right stuff.

So lets recap the long weekend.

Friday morning after a delicious sleep in MLI and I headed down for breakfast at a local cafe we enjoy. Since I had discovered MLI was going to be taking me to the races on the Saturday we had a look through the form guide. I love the form guide;assessing the chances the horses, rolling the evocative names around on my tongue, considering the odds and deciphering the arcane symbols used to find the horse that will bring you luck.

After choosing a couple of nags worth backing we headed to the Bonsai farm to look at some possible purchases. This when it all started getting quite fun. We wandered down to the back of the farm and got a little naughty. We were going to get a lot more naughty before the day was over. What is it about this man that makes me act like a horny teenager? I go out in public and yearn for him to catch me by surprise which he often does.

Later that afternoon we saw Look Both Ways at the Nova. Before getting into the theatre we went to Borders for a quick browse. Borders is sexy, we both felt it and acted on it. By which I mean MLI thrust his hands down my pants and got me very excited as I gripped on to a book shelf, all the while a staff member is stacking the shelf next to us. Very hot and heavy, an experience to remember. Perhaps next time I should be wearing my glasses and some suitably librarian fantasy clothes?

Look Both Ways is one of the most well executed Australian films I have seen probably since Lantana. All the hoopla about Little Fish is a little overdone (well apart from the performances of Weaving and Henderson). This film had a believable love story, human reaction and a script that didn't make me cringe. A top flick that I recommend highly.


Friday night was all about the glamour.
I dressed up in the beautiful satin and velvet antique shift that MLI bought for me in Castlemaine, donned the family jewels so to speak and celebrated our 6 month anniversary with an all meat extravaganza at Vlado's. The three courses of herbed sausage, mixed platter of meat delicacies and a medium rare eye fillet was complemented with a bottle of Mt Langi Ghiran Shiraz 2000.

We finished up another romantic evening with cocktails at Der Raum on Church St. The list is unusual and I had the strongest cocktail I've yet to taste - A Prohibition Long Island Ice Tea, served in an oversized coffee cup with the coke served in a milk jug. Potent. Deadly. Leg Opener Extraordinaire.

Probably best not to divulge anymore details about the night but suffice to say the state which had been building all day reached a series of explosive conclusions by dawn.

I have so much more to write but currently MLI's biggest girl is hanging over my shoulder wanting to sneak a peak.

So I will be brief. At the races my nags didn't come in and today we went to the Royal Melbourne Show. I was being my usual self, eyeing off the carnies and using them as part of my missing teeth/likelihood of machinery breaking down while I'm at the top of the ferris wheel equations. As usual I ate too much, got really frightened on the rides and felt crotchedly after two hours.

The girls are grizzling and it is time for dinner so I leave my weekend there as it should be: tired, sated and with a tiny sugar induced headache.