9.20.2005

Year in Ladycrackerland

Example

On this illustrious day I celebrate my first year of blogging with a new look courtesy of the ever wonderful Random Concoction.

What do I want for my birthday? Well I would be hoping that if you do happen to stop by, say hello. Especially you lurkers.



Here it is folks month by month. What this blog is actually all about

September : My sister arrived in Mebourne. I broke up with my live in partner of four years Wrote a lot of rubbish that I now cringe about.

October : hmmmm, spent most of it drunk by the looks of it, went on holidays to Byron Bay to lick my wounds over breakup, had my first colonic irrigation.

November : Gawwd, went to my ten year high school reunion, moved house, saw more movies than it is healthy to do.

December: Found out that my sister was pregnant to my ex, got drunk a lot, best friend left for the US, went to Brisbane for Christmas. Went camping for New Year.

January : My grandmother died, I got drunk a lot, I cried a lot. Little Morris was born. Met Kid Koala, got loaded at the Big Day Out. I think I was having lots of flirtations at this stage too.

February : Lots of parties and plays, more booze, strange valentine's day message, I had a party, my other friend left for the UK, Hunter S Thompson died.

March : Met the Black Keys, Melbourne Queer Film was on, Nick Cave tickets go on sale, I see Holly Golightly at the Northcote Social Club and meet MLI! MLI and I go on our first date. Post on the day of the date attracts most amount of comments ever.

April: The GRAND LOVE AFFAIR is progress. Actually, when I look back at this posts I'm freaked out by how full on we got so quickly. Meet MLI's kids for the first time.

May: Naturally the best thing that happened this month was seeing Nick Cave and having a dirty weekend with MLI. Oh and Big Brother starts

June: GRAND LOVE AFFAIR continues, get really sick for awhile, realise my youth is slipping away, meet the Detroit Cobras, lots of romance, vomit bile over our public health care system. Sterne announces he is expecting a child.

July: My Birthday, Saw Interpol, saw Queens of the Stone Age, saw The Hot Snakes, started to get very serious with MLI, started to get to know his kids better.

August: looked after the girls by myself for the first time, fell more in love with MLI than ever before, My sister and partner had baby Henry, debacle with the kitchen table at MLI's place - hits home that I want to marry this man.

September: Went on holidays for four blissful days, saw the Mess Hall, my best friend arrives back from the States. Reached 10,000 hits, got my first comment spam.

So a lot has happened, a lot hasn't. Hasn't been the easiest of years to navigate but what the hell? Here's looking forward to next year