8.03.2005

UNSUNG HEROES IN TV: BEARDS

Oooh! A series! I'm becoming quite the serious blogger aren't I?

Ahem.

All my life I have been in contact with beards.
My Dad had a fair few permutations of facial hair and most conversations I have with men will turn to body hair at some stage.

So in honour of the men I know and love, including those whose cathode sex rays of beardiness beam from my telly, here are the heroes.

Many thanks to Greta -my inspiration


EDMUND BLACK ADDER
Example

Look at him.
That saucy stare just sends shivers down my spine. Black Adder is one the most deceitful, rude, selfish, egotistical charcters ever created. I love every terrible bone in his body. Suprisingly he looks a lot like a well know blogger

DAVID BRENT
Example

"There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones."

Legend really. I wouldn't mind having a lager and quick go around in the back of the canteen with you Mr Brent y'now wot I mean wink wink?

DON BURKE
Example

The very definition of full lush growth, Don's beard represents (word) his green thumb. GIVE THIS MAN BACK HIS SHOW. Saturday nights with tea and toast at Grandma's house will never be the same (sniff).


GRIZZLY ADAMS
Example

Oh COME ON! Not one but two beards. What's not to like?

So dear reader, beards as you can see have had quite the effect on my personal development and since I can't grow a beard I'll have to do with one of these....

See?










Example

You thought that was going to be rude didn't you?