7.26.2005

A LOVE LETTER TO A GINGER HAIRED PRINCE

Example


Dear Josh
Wow, you really rock
I saw you last night at the Palace in St Kilda.
You look like you might have lost some weight?
I miss your man boobies.
You are the ginger headed prince of rock
Who looks like a quarterback
or maybe ex army.
Gosh I love you.
Woud you like to come to my place for dinner?


Another sterling performance from one of my all time favourite bands Queens of the Stone Age.
I could even overlook the crap venue that is the Palace, the old boiler in front of me attempting murder with her perfume and the slight fear that I hadn't put enough money in the parking meter. (no ticket thankfully)

The back drop this year was a cartoon forest that looked great against the lighting scheme which cetainly improved as the show went on.
But my favourite things about Queens? - Long sets, surprising arrangements and a no nonsense approach to the encore. Great tour tshirts and clear tight sound hallmarking the professionalism underlying the shambolic nature of the band.

And my darling, the ginger haired prince - Josh Homme, the man sure can play guitar.