5.23.2005

Room service

Example

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH what a relaxing few days I have experienced. A blow by blow account below.
THURSDAY

Check in.
NLI arrives
Robes on, champagne popped, spa bath ran, pills necked.

Much fun ensues as you imagine.

Guest arrive - more drinks and babbling excitement about concert

Arrive at Melbourne Town Hall just as the lights go down and the opening strains of Abbatoir Blues got me in the guts.

Took some acid

So many highlights from this show and also some sad things.
Best moments - Stagger Lee, Come Into My Sleep, Get Ready For Love. 2 drummers, 4 amazing back up singers, Nick's dapper suit, our awesome seats, the kisses.

Sad moments
Why Nick, did you only introduce Mick Harvey and Conway Savage?, the back up singers didn't get much of a run, I wish you had played Babe, I got You Bad.

After the concert NLI and I went back to our room and indulged in the inevitable expression of our happiness until the wee hours.


FRIDAY

Rose late and ordered in brekky while NLI and I snuggled in bed.
After breakfast we dressed to have a look at THE DRESS which NLI fully approved of.
Late afternoon wine was consumed a little laneway bar before seeing Downfall at the Kino - an alltogether excellent film with a brilliant performance by Bruno Ganz.

Early evening was spent luxuriating in the spa before a game of scrabble, some drinks and an early night (mmmmmm!)

SATURDAY
After leaving the hotel NLI and went home and sat outside in the sun playing the yes or no game for a few hours and bagging each other favourite films.

On Saturday night I went to see the Panics with the lovely M!key.
An awesome gig, great sound and fabulous feelings. Then on to Control for a buck's night and to catch up with l'amour. More drug fuelled debauchery and dancefloor action, shit speaking and drink necking. A fabulous time was had.

As a consequence I lost most of yesterday to a much needed rest and feel completely relaxed today and more deeply in love with NLI than ever - the man is a wonder.

To bastardise Alexander Dumas - "Happiness has placed a blindfold over my eyes and all I can see is him".

Damn. I wish I could do it all again this week.