5.03.2005

Why you shouldn't look at your photos albums

The flattie and I were at home last night and discussing which of my parents I look more like - the tall pater bear that is my father or the rounder, crazier woman that is my mother.

It was a close contest, apparently I look like both. What's the freaking chances of that eh?

Anyway to determine this we were looking though my photo albums and I came across my year 7 graduation photo's which feature me with a very attractive blue ruffled number a bit like this.....

Example



Sporting a hair do a bit like this......

Example


Part of the ceremonies is that one lucky person would receive a citizenship award for all round excellence. I was a straight A student who never had any trouble, especially with the boys by the looks of this outfit, and I was positive that I was going to win this award.


I had given my belongings to the friend sitting next to me so I was free to grace the stage unfettered, clutch my medal of glory, and roll on to many achievements and certificates for all round goodness at everything once I hit highschool. Heart pounding, head racing,I was praticising my pose for the camera in my head and my small but "cute" speech that would endear me to peers and parents alike.

Imagine my shock when MELISSA DOYLE was handed the award for best at everything.

It still cuts like a knife people.