4.26.2005

anzac's r us

Well a very very quiet long weekend for me I'm afraid due to no car, lost house keys and a blocked mobile for some ungodly reason (yes I do pay my freakin bills)

I guess I'm saving up my debauchery points, I think that I'm going to need them oh so soon......

MONDAY
NLI added Led Zepplin Three to my CD collection since I only have a copy on vinyl and no rekkid player at the moment. How exciting! I can relive black condoms and the carpet in the rumpus room at my parents house again and again.

Hung out with the NLI yesterday and finally got to meet his two gorgeous little girls. The eldest one took to me very quickly and was dragging me around Melbourne Museum by the hand asking me to read information about the animals and stuff out to her, lots of fun and the feedback? (insolicited) - "I like ..... she is a nice lady." Phew! one obstacle down then.

NLI and I saw Three Dollars last night and I have to say I'm yet again disappointed by film.
Why?
1. I think it is a reflection of the small amount of films that we are making that the script was so crammed with themes. Had they discarded the homelessness subtheme and concentrated instead on the daily reality of a family trying to survive, it would have made for a more potent film. Instead this ridiculous idea that David Wenham would be rooting around in a bin, in the city, possibly being seen by his colleagues is too far fetched for me.

Does this happen because a writer feels that they need to cover as many facets as possible to reach the largest number of funding body criteria?

2. Who looks at the scripts? is the theme of man in crisis living amongst the rejected similar to that of Tom White? We don't make enough films to have such similar stories.

Right, film rant over.

SUNDAY
bleh


SATURDAY
Saturday was spent with the ladies who lunch at Southbank, catching up on the "goss" and then off to the Bill Henson exibition at NGV Ian Potter. I also managed to catch what was happening at the Screen Gallery at ACMI but can't remember that name of the exibition and frankly to bloody lazy today to look it up. I'll make a note that my favourite piece was "Tide".

Then NLI came over and we had a mindblowingly good time. Mmm .. the man sure is freaking hot.