5.16.2005

Monsoon Wedding

Not much to say about the weekend except...
I got drunker than I have in a loooong time and managed to

1. Ask NLI for sex in a very public place.
2. After asking NLI for sex I just happened to walk straight into a tree.


hmmm.. so Saturday was spent curiously hangover free and my car didn't get a ticket from the spot I had left it in the night before yeee har!

Went shopping for dress for NLI brother's wedding. Curse SABA for making beautiful, expensive clothes that make me look the hotness - I'm afraid it will be a month of two minute noodles for me after spying THE DRESS.

Example
Like this one but with pattern in black and white on it.

Which I have not bought... yet. Also purchased lots of yummy bath things for dirty filthy me and my dirty weekend coming up.

And joined the gym - I will be a gymnast goddess - well actually I need to get some strength so I can go through with my fencing lesson plans for later in the year. I'm very excited about the gym, since I'm about turn 28 and want to do so in a position of extreme hotness.

Dinner at I Carusi
with friends - I prefer Meine Liebe in Northcote personally.

Sunday, more freaking shopping - I'm not a very good shopper. I get tired and cranky, disdainful of what is on offer, eyes glazed over by the sight of more of the same. Then scrabble - best words carrions and gravid, a chat to the NLI and then some wine drinking and love letter writing.

And Monsoon Wedding. When I worked at the Classic Cinema, we showed this film for a record 20 weeks. I've seen it about 10 times and never ever fail to cry over the love affair between the two characters below : Alice and PK Dubey

Example

Alice is the maid in the wedding house and P.K Dubey is the wedding organiser. P.K longs for Alice after meeting her in the kitchen and then watching her secretly while she fantasised about a greater place in life. A misunderstanding leads to coolness between the pair until PK declares his intentions in a most beautiful way.

Like this, with heart made of marigolds.

Example

Far out I'm tearing up even thinking about it.

So Alice and PK Dubey get married in a simple ceremony on a bridge in the pouring rain

Example

Such a lovely part of the story.

Not enough? - here have some Wiggum Witticisms