9.08.2006

Job



Not mentioned in all the wedding fracas is the fact that Ladycracker, publicist to the almost famous, is hanging up her speed dial and contact book for the greener pastures of label management. I can't say that I'm unhappy to see the back of publicity. I've been doing the business for at least 6 years and I'm way past my use by date. Only two days left of fighting back tears at the thought of writing another press release. Two days left of enduring the malaise I feel every time I open my task pad and only two days left of sighing every time I pick up the phone. Hallelujah.

I know a lot of people would kill for my job and for long time I was really happy, but my life needs some fresh challenges and I'm more than happy to guide a younger person into making my role their own. Now if only they would find a replacement...