3.17.2005

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou or my life as a film geek

Example

I had the very wonderful pleasure of attending a preview of The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou last night at the Classic Cinema and being a HUGE Wes Anderson fan and counting The Royal Tenenbaums in my ten favourite films every year, I was pretty bloody excited.

I love Wes Anderson films because the props and details are always so visually appealing. You can tell that the production design team think of every little part of the personality to be depicted and add in all these fantastic little details.

So from this film, my favourite details are:
1. the Crayon Pony Fish
2. the Team Steve Zissou Fan Club Ring
3. Cate Blanchett's hair
4. Angelica Huston's cigarettes

While this films wasn't as life affiriming as The Royal Tenenbaums is, and didn't reduce me to tears like Rushmore, it was still beautiful and full of that wonderful Wes-like dialogue.

Even better is that I am now the proud owner of Team Zissou shirt as modelled above by the rather dashing Owen Wilson.
I won the Wes Anderson quiz.
To be truthful - I did cheat on one question but I was still a pretty clear winner I reckon - thanks to partner in quiz crime Barclay.
So film heavy! - I'll get out in the sun next week.