3.16.2005

MQFF 2

Last night I went and saw two films at the Melbourne Queer Film Festival as T and I are having a terrible fight at the moment and I can't stand to be in the house.

I went and saw this and this.

Both films dealt with my favourite subjects, alternative sexuality, art, creativity and aesthetic challenges.

Liberty in Restraint was particularly appealing as it was Australian and I think Noel Graydon is a very good photgrapher particularly this image which was in response to the Hollingworth/ Pell controversy of a few years ago. Also I find kink and fetish incredibly compelling, beautiful. The details are so wonderfully delicious.

Venus of Mars was about a couple who moved through transgender together. They are both creators and there was lots archival footgae of their experimental obsessions in the eighties. In fact I don't think I have seen a more self obsessed couple ever.

A good thought provoking couple of hours.