3.15.2005

The post you have all been waiting for

Ok.... the date went GREAT!
I wore a red and white spanish style dress with a ruffle with a black top, discreet little heels and my hair was tied back Spanish style - So I looked rather hot I thought.

He picked me up at 7 and we went to see movie at the Nova - Illustrated Family Doctor which I didn't mind and he thought was woeful. I had a bailey's choctop and he had a vanilla.

Then we went to get something to eat, I was so butterfly-ee that I could barely eat my pasta. We chatted about our fave books and films and funny stories from our life and it was all very smooth and good.

Then we decided to go for a drink so down to Pugg Malone's as it was the only place open and I didn't want to break the rhythm by driving somewhere else. Had a few drinks there and talked about our familes and stuff. I told him how my dream is to open a day spa and he was very complimentary about my ability to be the face of such an establishment ( sigh.. flattery will get you anywhere)
The *blog* was mentioned but there is no way that he is getting the address that is for sure. Desci your fella doesn't know yours does he?


Then he drove me home. (insert goodnight here) and then I went inside, made myself a vodka and smiled at the ceiling for an hour before I went to bed.

I had a really really good time and he has already called again to do something this week. Success!


But... that was not the only exciting thing that happened to me this weekend.

AC you are going to pee your pants..

I ended up backstage and the Black Keys on Friday night, quite by accident. It as an unbelievably good show. These guys are the tightest musicians around they played for ever and it has officially entered my top five shows of all time which also includes:
1. King For Day Tour Brisbane Festival Hall - Faith No More 1995
2. BDO Melbourne (1999?) - Primal Scream
3. Melbourne Festival Hall - Queens Of the Stone Age 2004
4. Sydney Myer Music Bowl - Nick Cave and the Bads Seeds/Calexico/Neko Case Dec 2003

I got to meet them both and then went for a few drinks with them at Cherry.

Oooooh I'm am such a rock whore!!!! I've got some crap photos that I took on my camera phone and so I don't know if I will even post them. That is how unprepared I was - I didn't have my camera dammit.

aaahhh.... life is good.