3.07.2006

APOLOGY TWO: TOMATOES



We met straight after I had my first taste of acid. Straight after J had pashed off with MC and T had stuck her tongue down GM’s throat.

I didn’t say anything to you until the next day at the next party. We sat under a tree for three hours. Me signally with my eyes, “kiss me, kiss me, and please kiss me”. Eventually you did, just as the fire truck arrived.

School was over and I was off on pilgrimage. Swimming every day in the ocean and fending off the moods of 8 girls in a house, unsure of even why I was there. J waves to me from the shore.

“Someone is here to see you”

You were sitting on the beach. Looking like something out of Wolfmother way before it was even remotely cool. A packet of Winnie Whites, I was thankful since my Austudy was still three days away. You had picked tomatoes for two days for petrol money, driven to the vague location I had said I would be three hours from home and waited on the beach for me to arrive.

I won’t lie, I was freaked.

You came back to our house and in my gauche way I tried to be mysterious. I could see I had taken it the wrong way already. I bummed cigarettes and acted cool and distant. You were very quiet and still. We decided to go to a movie and I refused to ride in your car. I was thankful for when the lights went down and the movie started but you were no where to be seen.

When we left the movie a note was on the car window.

“I’ve gone, take it easy”

I’m sorry. I hope you forgive me.