1.29.2006

A Chinese Cracker




MLI, 6, 4 and myself caught the Millenium Dragon dance for the Year Of Dog celebrations in Chinatown today. The girls wore the dresses that I gave them for Christmas and they were the subject of many photographs by total strangers. MLI and I joked that it was a combination of my costume design and his staging abilities and bickered as to who as a bigger stage mother.

Right, anyway..

What can you say about Chinese New Year? I love it - the smell of firecrackers, the drums, the dragons, the acrobats, so I'm not going to wax on about the event as such. We had a nice day as we also do, the girls loved the dragon dance and felt very fancy in their dresses with paper umbrella and fan accessories and I would rate it as a successful family day out.

But people, much more serious matters are at hand I'm afraid.

Fashionistas of the World I need your help.







Can you tell me when snoods came back in? Do you know the last time I saw these was on the back of Fergie's head in about 1989 or so. So long ago that I can't find any pictorial evidence on the internerd dammit. Are they back in? are they? I really need to know you see. Why? BECAUSE MY ENTIRE WINTER WARDROBE WILL BE PINNED ON THIS OK!!!