3.01.2005

The party

Well I happen to have a few minutes to talk about the party.
Everything started off pretty slow as it does with me getting stuck into the punch and loitering around the front door.

But by ten the place was rocking with peeps everywhere. Lots of crew from the various stage of my life showed, current job, last job, different surburb friends, friends met through the ex, friends me through part time jobs, friends met through school, the crackers, old housemates, old bosses etc etc.

So we got two people to look after the music and because I was too busy yakking my head off to all and sundry I didn't realise that this guy was apparently playing TRANCE in my house. Jebus! I should pay more attention really. Normally I would get behind the decks and crank out some dirty rock and roll etc. but just couldn't fit it in on this night.

Then my bedroom was taken over by a group of people doing bulbs. Fuck me, I haven't done one of those since I was about nineteen so It was very bizarre. My beautiful room turned into a clanking, gassy hell hole for a few hours but the guests were entertained.

A few people hooked up so that is always a good thing. nothing says good party then people getting lucky.

And my neighbour is going to fix my car for me! yeah! My puppy dog eyes and offer of Japanese street racing DVD's worked. I will take him out for dinner again as well because he is not a bad guy and I think we could be mates.

Plus beautiful pressies, a lovely succulent, a palm, a bouganvillia and a lucky bamboo.
My room is out the front of the house and has large bay doors that open out on to a little paved area. The fence in front my house doesn't have a plant on it though and I'm loathe to open the doors too much for fear of murderers, rapists etc. The b'vellia is going to look great out there. It has inspired me to get more plants so I can buid a veritable jungle Raffles style, drink G and T and have some young stud fan me with a palm frond before ravishing me on a four poster



Side note
Oscars Schmoscar, didn't bother, Shameless on SBS is much better viewing. Good on Cate though, she leaves that stick insect Nic for dead.