12.03.2004

The day has come for me to rejoin the human world

My bed has finally arrived at IKEA, praise Benderbacker, the god of lumbar support.
I can now stop living, as eloquently put by Nellie's friend Megan, like a teenage boy.
This was said over dinner last night eaten with the aid of plastic cutlery.

Our grandmother and aunty stated a glory box for us when we were very young with the items they won at Bingo games etc. Nellie recently visited the much thought about, never opened glory box and it has been decided to ship it to us in Melbourne.

The purpose of a glory box is to present the woman with it after engagement so she can set up a happy home. With the word engagement as much used in my vocabulary as "I'll just stay for one drink" I didn't think that I would ever see said box.

Apparently it houses corn on the cob salt and pepper shakers - do you think I could pass them off as a ironic?
But back to the plastic cutlery - like I'm even going to spend 1 cent on real knives and forks when I have a 125 peice set buring down the road towards me as I write this?

Christmas parties christmas parties grumble grumble..

RESFEST opening night tonight - I will be suitably casually arrogant and leave after one drink.....