11.26.2004

portuguese flicks

Scored a ticket to a great portuguese doco at last night Filmoteca though Senses of Cinema website.

I think it was called "restless" I'm not sure I walked as it was starting. It was three stories intertwined around moving house but enveloping so many themes about place, home, life, love, memories.

The two characters that stood out in my mind most was a young girl who moved into a new flat with her son. The flotsam of moving was really defined with her - carting through stuff, not having enough boxes, packed away memories returning to her. she was also quite impetuous and selfish and very very beautiful.
The other character was Senor Pinto a delivery driver who shared the most wonderful humour with his wife - an unfailing optimist he made me feel like a human.

Just a great cinema experience and so unexpected as I would not have gone if not for the ticket.