3.21.2006

A for Anxiety





(Dear readers, I promise to restrain myself from writing about Bridal shenanigans everyday. Maybe I'll just recap on Fridays.)

Thought One: Every single night since MLI proposed I have had a terrifying anxiety dream, ranging from the "I'm getting married in Safeway, how strange, oooh I forgot to paint my toe nails" scenario through to last night's "vagina dripping blood, unable to clean up" horror show.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I have no reason for this anxiety as I am thrilled to be making this step.

Thought Two: 4 and 6 bought me a deluxe manicure and pedicure for Christmas, which I was only able to enjoy this weekend. As I walked into the treatment room, the owner caught sight of my ring and pronounced "OOOOH, YOU ARE CONFORMING!!!".

What is all that about? bitter divorce?, secret lesbian crush on yours truly?, Leader of society against engagement rings? Let me add, the woman was every inch the Camberwell woman i.e ...