8.17.2005

#2 in an occasional series about work

My desk is an explosion of colour. It is one of the perks of not working for a "only two photos per open grave" policied workplace.
So today's item is really part of a much bigger collage of images that takes the entire curved area that is my side wall. This wall has its followers with most people who come to visit me staring at it and it's gradual growth and forgetting to talk to me.

Here is just a little part of it.

Example

This is an envelope I got from one of the many excellent shops of Victoria St, Richmond. At Chinese New Year the Chinese traditionally put money in these bags and give them to children. Until recently I did not know any children so I made about 50 of these little bags and gave them to friends and colleagues, wishing them prosperity and happiness. Even though this is a Rooster year and one of my prosperous years I kept one for myself as it had been a tough couple of months for me and I was looking for any salve I could find.

So I keep this on the wall to remind me of my good fortune and with a little bit of grit you can make the best of a bad lot.

end of sermon..thank you