2.03.2005

one way to make me happy

Got to work this morning feeling pretty perky for no particular reason.

Went to my pigeonhole to clear the day's detritus and found this odd package, heavy, important looking and I thought " what is this?"
I opened it to find a copy of Alain De Botton's "Status Anxiety" the book that accompanies the series that I enjoyed so much.

My friend Barclay had bought it as a surprise for me and a few others of his nearest and dearest.

See how easy it is to make me happy?

Australia is currently experiencing some wild weather. It rained all night and it made me thankful for my beautiful warm bed and brand new featherdown doona. I'm going to have to take some decisive action if I'm to even get out of bed this winter.

On a completely related matter, Outback Jack is over and my god I'm so upset that Maria didn't get to be the girl she was lovely. Sucks to that cow Marissa ha ha! Now I can resume my life as intellectual yes?

Rufus Wainwright is playing tonight and I'm not going. A shame but I'm only a recent convert and will catch him next time - the Leonard Cohen tribute in Sydney would of been ace here's hoping it comes to Melbourne.