10.10.2005

The Big Move

Example


I moved all my things into MLI's this weekend. Since I did it myself while he was at work I was quite nervous about moving things around and making room for myself. Luckily, having lived in small spaces before, I was able to put everything in it's place with the minimum of disruption to the status quo.

So not really much else to report there. MLI and I enjoyed a marvellous meal together and one of our special bottles of wine(Cephas 29001 Shiraz) to celebrate the change in arrangements.

The big test was what the girls would say when they realised that some of my things were lying around. They did notice a few things and questioned why they were there. These enquiries were made light of "Well, Ladycracker is here quite a lot so it is only fair that she should have some of her stuff here", and that was the end of that. I think we are going to just let the girls get used to me being around a lot more without making an offical announcement.

Later after I got the littlest one out of the bath and I was drying her off ready for PJ's we had this conversation.

HP - "Why are you here?"
LC - " Well I like to come and visit your dad and you and MP, is that ok?"
HP - "Yes I think it would be nice if you were here all the time, that you lived with us"
LC - "Well HP that is such a lovely thing to say."
HP - "When are you and Daddy going to get married?"
LC - "What makes you think that HP?"
HP - " I heard you taking about it in the car"
(note to self: be careful they might hear you)
LC - " Oh well, you know we might one day, but we will let you know first"
HP - " Well I think you should get married"


Then she runs off to tell MLI how she thinks things should be!
I tell you,this is all get very interesting...